Collecting of iron ores in Kuźniczysko took place already in Iron Age, or even in Bronze Age (about 1000 BC). Boosted extraction on begining of AD resulted in rapid development and importance of local ironworks and forges.
Category: Heart of Basin
This place is located between todays Kuźniczysko and Czeszów. It was the heart of medieval mining and metallurgical basin, early modern factories. Throughout history, this place had a very interesting history. Here everything has started.
June 6, 1842 by royal rescript signed company agreement and creation of wood wool factory and resort. Joseph Weiss (owner of paper mill in Zlote Hory) inspirated by research results of notable german naturalist, geographer, researcher, traveler – Friedrich Wilhelm Heinrich Alexander von Humboldt’a – patented his invention and deployed it in Humboldtsau, which belonged to Kuźniczysko. This was unprecedented event on the world.
First clients of resort started visiting Humboldt’s Au after 1850. Traffic, especially in summer season, was large. Patients and tourists were getting there by stage-coach, runs from Trzebnica to Milicz. Near factory was pond accumulating water for grain mill with magnificent wooden mill wheel.
In place where was large wood wool factory, on it’s walls created a new factory in 30s of past century. Unfortunately, since that time have shameful story.